Navigating Student Issues

Life doesn’t stop just because a student is in grad school, and it can be difficult balancing everything. But you aren’t alone on this path.

If you have questions, concerns, are in distress*– and haven’t been able to find solutions or clear paths for assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact either Renee Eastwood (KSAS) or Christine Kavanagh (WSE). Even if we can’t solve the issue for you, we will be ableĀ  to direct you to the best resources (many issues have dedicated offices to support you- we can guide you to them if you haven’t yet found them), can offer suggestions, and will be a support to you as you navigate through your time with us.

Typical issues include:

  • Family balance/issues
  • Interpersonal conflict as related to your graduate role (colleagues, classmates, advisors)
  • Mental and Physical Health
  • Financial concerns (budgeting, how to coordinate payment plans for health costs, etc.)
  • Homesickness
  • Degree Requirement Confusion
  • Advising Concerns
  • Disability
  • Equity/Discrimination
  • Coursework and/or Research Performance
  • Time Management
  • Developing informal dissertation completion timelines
If you are feeling at risk and may harm yourself or others- please contact security directly at 410-516-7777 or 410-516-4600.